Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Things half seen.

My earliest memory?
Bright green grass. I was about 2..maybe a little older, maybe a little younger, but I distinctly recall lying in a patch of bright green grass and playing with my floppy-necked goose. I had crouched down to look at the goose and was confronted with that vivid patch of vegetation. My dark stuffed goose looked so different from the grass that I eventually just wound up staring at it I suppose. Just green on green, a rather overwhelming flood for my two year brain.

A recent dream?
I was in a shallow sea, not swimming, not frantically looking about for some unbidden danger, I was simply standing on the sandy floor. I could see the waves run by from my spot below, I could see the white, white sand beneath my feet. The ocean was azure around me, bright and comforting. Sunlight filtered through and rippled with the waves. My hair moved with the water, flowing around me. Every touch was cool, my limbs tingled with the peculiar sensation of a fluid substance gliding around them. All was calm, all was soothing.

And I woke up with the disturbing sense that I was not where I was supposed to be.
.............................................................................................................................................................

On another note, I have a fun little link for those of you who still enjoy a few Saturday morning cartoons. The show is an old one, but one very dear to me. It was my first real introduction to myth(even if the information's not all that accurate, it's still a good way to incorporate more myth into your life.) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_aGG2XtGRw

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_aGG2XtGRw

    Sorry, this is the link to the show.

    ReplyDelete